Read Compassion and Education: Cultivating Compassionate Children, Schools and Communities by Andrew Peterson Free Online
Book Title: Compassion and Education: Cultivating Compassionate Children, Schools and Communities|
The author of the book: Andrew Peterson
City - Country: No data
Loaded: 2993 times
Reader ratings: 7.2
Edition: Palgrave MacMillan
Date of issue: December 16th 2016
ISBN 13: 9781137548375
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 719 KB
Read full description of the books:
This book makes a defence of compassion as an essential and significant quality that should be at the heart of the education of young people. It provides a careful exploration of what compassion means; how it is relevant to the various relationships among students, teachers, and the wider community; and the particular pedagogical processes that can and might develop compassion. Understanding and justifying compassion as a virtue, this book argues that compassion is a virtue central to all human relationships from the familial, to the communal and to the global. It will be of interest to academics, research and students of education.
Download Compassion and Education: Cultivating Compassionate Children, Schools and Communities ERUB
Download Compassion and Education: Cultivating Compassionate Children, Schools and Communities DOC
Download Compassion and Education: Cultivating Compassionate Children, Schools and Communities TXT
Read information about the authorHey, folks. If you're just discovering me or any of my work, it can be a little confusing because there are several facets to it. If you don't have time to read the whole bio below, here's the rundown:
• I write songs. I also record them to these cool things called CDs and put on concerts around the country. (And beyond! To my great delight, I get to play in Europe every year or so.)
• I write books. I just completed a four-part fantasy series for young readers called the Wingfeather Saga. The fourth and final book, , released in 2014, illustrated by Joe Sutphin. I drew some of the pictures for the first three books (but not the coolest ones).
• I'm the proprietor of the Rabbit Room, a community of songwriters, authors, and artists interested in storytelling, faith, and fellowship.
• I'm a proud member of the Square Peg Alliance, a happy band of singer/songwriters who write together, tour together, and eat together.
• I've been married for nineteen years to Jamie, and we have three sweet children: Aedan (15), Asher (14), and Skye (11). We live in a magical place we call the Warren, just south of Nashville.
The common thread in all this is my love for Christ and his Kingdom, my belief in the power of story and art, and my need for family and community. If I had to boil it all down, I'd say this: I want to use my gifts to tell the truth, and to tell it as beautifully as I can.