Read See What I Mean: How to Use Comics to Communicate Ideas by Kevin Cheng Free Online
Book Title: See What I Mean: How to Use Comics to Communicate Ideas|
The author of the book: Kevin Cheng
City - Country: No data
Loaded: 1460 times
Reader ratings: 7.3
Edition: Rosenfeld Media
Date of issue: December 2012
ISBN 13: 9781933820279
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 870 KB
Read full description of the books:
Comics are a unique way to communicate, using both image and text to effectively demonstrate time, function, and emotion. Just as vividly as they convey the feats of superheroes, comics tell stories of your users and your products. Comics can provide your organization with an exciting and effective alternative to slogging through requirements documents and long reports. In See What I Mean, Kevin Cheng, OK/Cancel founder/cartoonist and founder of Off Panel Productions, will teach you how you can use comics as a powerful communication tool without trained illustrators.
This book will help you:
* Learn a method to document your organization's work, ideas and vision in a way that any project teammate, customer or manager will readily understand and consume
* Put the "story" back in "storyboarding" and really describe the user experience from the users' perspective
* Include the use of comics in the product development life cycle to prevent wasted time and resources spent building the wrong product
* Use comics as a way to engage users early and solicit their feedback
* Sell the value of the method to the rest of your organization
* Discover the properties of the comics medium that make them so much more than either words or pictures
In See What I Mean, Kevin will walk you step by step through the process of using comics to communicate, and provide examples from industry leaders who have already adopted this method.
Download See What I Mean: How to Use Comics to Communicate Ideas ERUB
Download See What I Mean: How to Use Comics to Communicate Ideas DOC
Download See What I Mean: How to Use Comics to Communicate Ideas TXT
Read information about the authorKevin is the co-founder and President of Incredible Labs, a startup that's creating a mobile personal assistant named Donna. Previously, he was a product manager at Twitter, leading the redesign of the website, the Director of User Experience at the gaming social network Raptr, and the designer of Yahoo! Pipes. He also co-founded the user experience web comic OK/Cancel, and the online comic publishing network Off Panel Productions.
He holds a Masters degree from University College London in Human Computer Interaction and Ergonomics and has presented about design, comics, and augmented reality at numerous conferences including Interaction, IA Summit, User Interface Conference, UXWeek, and South by Southwest. He likes the flavour of the blue crayons the best.
One day, Kevin hopes to be able to answer all questions related to design by simply referencing comic strips.